History

Founded in 1854 by the descendants of the Duke of Lencastre, surrounded by cork trees and eucalyptus from Australia, Herdada da Calada is hidden between the soft hills of Alentejo. Over the years it was targeted by several interventions and improvements, but preserves the beauty and elegance of the original main building and is today one of the most modern and innovative winery in Portugal, with an enoturism unit, 35 hectares of vineyard, 110 hectares of olive trees, 60 hectares of cereals, 215 of cork trees and a beautiful guest house.